I love learning and growing – right now my areas of interest are personal improvement, finance, history, economics, politics, psychology, and science. I love to consume information whether it’s reading, listening to a podcast, being in class, or working with someone with a lot of experience. I’m always looking for my next read so any suggestions are always welcome.
I am working on my writing and getting information and my thoughts on that information out to everyone. I want to share what I’m working on or the things that I currently find interesting. Most of my writing so far has come in the form of some type of personal improvement and my intention is to branch out more in the coming year.
I spend the rest of my time with my fiance at our home in Chicago. I spend a lot of my time in the kitchen, I love to cook and eat. I also enjoy wine and bourbon. I love Chicago sports – The Bears, Bulls, Cubs, and Blackhawks. I’m also Perusing my MBA at the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business so I’ve recently added the DePaul Blue Demons to my teams.
Travel has moved it’s way up my priority list recently so our next adventure is always in the planning stage.
What the future holds:
As of now I’m planning that 2019 will be the busiest year of my life. I’m very excited experience life and see where it will take me over the next 12-18 months. Here is a breakdown of what I have going on in 2019.
- Getting married in July – There will be some work there but this is going to be the most important year of my life up until this point
- Plan and go on honeymoon – Two weeks in Italy – Basic Itinerary Venice(3), Bologna/Modena(1), Florence (5), Siena(1), Rome(3), Almafi Coast(4), Rome(1).
- I begin MBA classes at DePaul’s Kellstadt Graduate School of Business in January 2019 with a Cohort of other CFA Society Chicago members.
- Update: CFA cohort did not happen so I began my MBA by myself in April
- I am taking Level II of the CFA exam on June 15th.
- I will almost definitely have a new job next year at some point. Will keep everyone updated on this piece.
- Update: Took a new role at my current company as Director of our Platform team
- One goal for 2019 – Double my network – Measured by LinkedIn connections which are currently at 633.
That’s where life stands as of November 13, 2018. If you’re interested in connecting please reach out. Updates 4/14/19.
Leave a Reply